23 October 2006

Chapter X: Unicorn Phantom

I threw away my jacket since it took a lot of space in my bag, and since I had a doublet now anyway. After I went back to Obi and asked if I could sleep there again. He told me I could stay there as long as I wanted. I went back upstairs and folded open my bed. I laid myself down and pulled the sheet over me. It just came to my attention that I still didn’t had fifteen golden coins for a shield. I decided to do that the next day, after I went to Willie to learn baking bread. I closed my eyes and felt asleep.

Suddenly everywhere was fire. All around me. There seemed to be no escape so I climbed up the ladder to the roof. For a while I felt safe, but then the roof started burning too. I felt trough it and broke my leg. I caught fire and... Suddenly I woke up. I had a terrible nightmare I preferred not to experience in real, as far as that world was real of course. I left Obi’s show with destination Willie’s mill.

On the way to Willie I met Unicorn Phantom, a strange guy looking like a mummy. He said ‘boooooo’ and I ran away. He ran behind me and yelled that it was okay, that he was just joking. I stood ground and asked me how it came that he looked like a mummy and he told me that the Halloween hare did. I looked to him with eyes that clearly expressed how confused I was, and he started explaining that the Halloween hare was a rabbit appearing around Halloween morphing people into witches, ghosts, vampires, skeletons or mummies. I did not really believe what he said, but I couldn’t find another reason for his extraordinary appearance.

No comments: