11 October 2006

Chapter V: Wooden Shield

I went down into the cities sewers once more, lighted my torch and slayed another rat. A few more rats gave their live, and I felt that I was getting skilled at this. Some rats didn’t drop anything, but some rats dropped gold. I collected all the gold and cheese in my bag. I also ate a cheese, because hunting rats made me hungry. Those slaying started to become easy, but the problem was that the rats could bite me pretty hard.

I remembered what someone ever told to me about equipment, and I thought maybe if I have some more equipment, I would get less hitted. Thinking what would be the most useful I concluded that I needed a shield. A shield would allow me to block the attacks of these creatures, and it would reduce the damage rats do to me, and so also my pain. I went up to the city again, and went to Obi, the shopkeeper. I asked him for shields and he told me he was selling several shields from several price classes. I told him I needed it for rats, and he told me the cheapest shield, a wooden shield, would be serving. I informed for the price, and it was fifteen golden coins, but the problem was that I only had 13.



I needed 2 more golden coins, and I asked Obi if I could pay them later, but he told me about him getting thieved and so he didn’t want to give me this credit. He told me he once allowed someone to pay over 100 golden coins, and that he never saw him again. I understood his distrust in humans, after all it was the same in my world. The only thing I could do to collect the gold was skinning one or two more rats, but that wouldn’t be for now since I was too tired.

I asked Obi if I could sleep somewhere, and he told me there were two beds upstairs in his store, and that I was free to use one. I went upstairs to the room with the beds and they looked pretty comfortable, much more comfortable then I expected. I ate my last cheese and went to bed. Maybe when I woke up again I would be back at my home? Maybe not? Maybe I was at some other place again? It where all questions that I wanted to think about, but after all the hashing from today I was tired, even too tired to think about those questions. I would see tomorrow where I was, after today I couldn’t be surprised anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More I like it:)

Download Tibia said...

I like it. :D