09 October 2006

Chapter III: My first steps

I asked him how I came there and what I had to do to get away from that place. All he said to that question was that I had to collect gold and buy better equipment. Of course I understood nothing of this. Where did I have to collect gold? Why do I need equipment? What was that place?

I walked outside the temple and noticed that I was in a town. Many people where walking around there and I asked some how I came there and what I had to do to get out of there. They told me that they didn’t knew how I and they came there neither, and that they thought there was no way out. I was hoping that they weren’t right, since I didn’t felt comfortable at this place, and I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I kept asking people, but they all went to bed and ended up there. Some of them spoke foreign languages which I didn’t understood.



My mother language was Dutch, but I almost spoke English fluently. Not many people seemed to know Dutch, but most of them understood English. Did this mean I wasn’t in Belgium anymore? Where was I? Was there a connection with Belgium? According to some, this was a virtual world. I didn’t believe in virtual worlds, but this situation made me think about it.

No comments: