14 October 2006

Chapter VII: Big rat

I was finished washing myself and wanted to go away, but Willie yelled at me asking me if I wanted some bread. Normally I didn’t like bread, but that time I would love to taste bread again because all I ate the day before was cheese and one apple. I was starving, and so I told him that I would love some bread. He gave me bread, but it wasn’t regular bread, it was a baguette. I loved baguette, and he told me I could eat as mush as I wanted. I hated bread, but I did like baguette and rolls. The baguettes weren’t as big as the baguettes I knew, but they were very tasty. I ate 3 of them, and thanked Willie for it. Willie asked me if I wanted to learn how to bake this bread, and I told him I would like that very much. He said that he didn’t had time that day, and that I had to come back tomorrow.

I walked back to the city and purchased a new torch at Obi’s. My torch was almost completely burned, and I threw it in the dustbin. I went to the sewer grate and lighted my torch. I climbed down and went to the rats once more. I saw other people skinning rats so I went more to the east of the cave. I saw a hole to go down and so I did. I climbed down the hole and downstairs there was a rat. A short fight followed, which I won of course. I walked further into the cave and then I suddenly saw a big angry rat.



The rat looked a lot stronger then the rats I was used and I was hoping it didn’t saw me, but it was staring at me, so that was just wishful thinking. It also was a lot bigger then the usual rats. Was it mutated? It faced me and we started to fight. It bate me in my leg and I was hurt badly. I ran away, but I couldn’t run fast with my leg. The giant rat followed me slumbering around trough the sewer. I tried to avoid its attack, but most of the time I couldn’t. I ran like I was half lame, but finally I saw the ladder to go up. I climbed up, and the rat did not follow me. I was happy that also in this world rats weren’t able to climb ladders. I went to the closest stairs and went out of that cave. I did never want to go to that angry rat again.

No comments: