10 October 2006

Chapter IV: My first money

I also asked them why and how I needed to collect money, and why I need equipment for. An entire story about creatures trying to kill you, such as trolls, followed. The people said that equipment helps you to protect yourself against these creatures. Good and strong equipment would mean that the monsters will deal less damage. As for the money; it was needed to buy food, drinks, equipment and a lot of other stuff. It could be earned by slaying beasts, like rats. They also told me that the rats could be found under the city, in the sewers.

I decided to give it a try to slay a rat. I went down trough a sewer gate to kill one of them. I thought that it couldn’t be too hard to kill one since I was about 1.60 meters and a rat about 0.10 meters, but there I was wrong. When I just climbed off the ladder I already saw a rat. I felt lucky that I didn’t threw away my club, like I did with my torch. The torch would have been very handy now, since the sewers were dark. I folded my hands around the club and started using it to hit the rat. On the first rat I faced I already got damaged pretty hard, and it took me a few hits to successfully kill it.

When the rat died I opened it and I found a cheese inside and 2 golden coins. I putted all my earnings in my bag and walked climbed back up. I was too scared in the dark to continue my path there. I felt hungry from killing that rat, so I ate my cheese. I went to a bench and sat down for a while. I felt my energy growing again, and was ready to kill some more rats so I could collect money for equipments, but first of all I needed a torch.

I asked someone where I could buy a torch and he showed me where it was. The salesman was called Obi. When I came in his shop I remembered that I had been there before. I greeted Obi and he asked me where he could help me with. I explained him that I needed a torch, and he sold me one for just 2 golden coins. I was broke again now, so I needed to kill more rats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it :) i can't get enough of it Go on so succesfully