16 October 2006

Chapter IX: Doublet

Later that day I went back to the city and wandered around a little. I was thinking about what could possibly have happened to me but I didn’t remember anything of what happened after I felt asleep. I decided to put those thoughts aside for a while and since I didn’t felt like going back into the sewers I explore the city some more. I came across Tom, a creepy person buying rat corpses. He paid two gold coins for every rat corpse you brought to him. I wondered why someone needed rat corpses and so I asked him. He told me he was the local tanner, making leather clothes from dead rats. I found this a strange profession, but everyone has to do where he is good in, right? I told him I would bring him dead rats when I would go to the sewers again.

I continued my path to the north and went into some kind of deserted stable. I saw a ladder to go down, but I didn’t want to face another miserable rat. I putted my head trough the hole to see what was down there. I only saw one small rat, so I went down and killed it. I saw a note pinned on the wall with the words “IRKM DESMET DAEM”. I had no idea what these words mentioned. Anyway I took the rat corpse so I could sell it to Tom as I promised before. Tom paid me the two golden coins as he promised and told me that I could hunt something bigger at the cellar of the stable. He also told me that some adventurer used to store his loot under a loose board close to a strange note on the wall, and that he could have forgotten something.

Could this be the note I saw? I decided to go back to the stable and to look underneath the boards. I tried to lift the board next to the strange note, as Tom said, but it didn’t move. Maybe it was the floor board underneath the note? I tried there and it indeed was a loose floor board. I lifted it and laid it down next to me. I saw something red sitting between the wooden boards. I took it out and it was some kind of jacket. I went to Tom to inform what it was and he told me it was called a doublet. I liked it and turned it on, instead of my jacket.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiho james lombardi
when comes next part of your adventure? <3

Anonymous said...

james, are you gonna keep writing?

Steven said...

I'll continue writing and the next chapter wil come today or tomorow but I have been ill.

Anonymous said...

Well, I do like your story alot but..
isn't it quest spoiling about the doublet?..
not that I mind but..

it isn't very nice agianst people who want to discover the quests themselves

But I do like your stories, excuse me when I'm wrong

Anonymous said...

come i want to read the next part!,
this story is great!